Proofreading is your last opportunity to catch any accidental errors or issues that have sneaked into your final drafts.
WHY: Quality control. Reputation management. Peace of mind.
WHAT: Proofreading covers…
– Language: spelling, grammar and punctuation
– Understanding: ambiguous or confusing words and phrases
– Omissions: missing words and unfinished sentences
– Style decisions: dates, capitals and figures
– Numbering: pages, lists and headings
– Cross-referencing: table of contents, captions, labels and appendices
– Typography: font style, size and colour
– Inconsistencies: spelling ,hyphenation, style and layout
– Layout formatting: text, imagery and infographic alignment
– Aesthetics: word breaks across lines, words or lines hanging at the start or end of a paragraph and separated from the rest of their text
WHAT NOT: I don’t make changes to the composition of the text itself.
WHO: Copywriting agencies, marketing and communication specialists, design agencies and creative brands.
WHEN: Final drafts that have already been edited, the content approved and laid out in the design format.