You’re happy with your copy and need an external perspective to highlight any phrasing that needs attention so your text reads clearly.
Proof-editing is your hybrid option. It blends the quality check of proofreading with some copy-editing elements to smooth out clunky, chunky and cluttered language.
It’s ideal for copy that needs checking before it’s laid out in its final design format.
- Clarity: cluttered, duplicate & disordered language
- Flow: long & fragmented text
PLUS a full proofread...
- Language: spelling, grammar & punctuation
- Understanding: ambiguous & confusing text
- Omissions: missing words & unfinished sentences
- Inconsistencies: spelling, hyphens, capitals & dates
- Aesthetics: word breaks & hanging words or lines
- Typography: font style, size & colour
- Layout: text & imagery alignment
If you also want the structure and writing style to be worked through then a copy-edit offers that deeper level of review.