You’ve researched and created your draft marketing copy. Now you need to tighten the message to form a strong, concise piece.
It’s tricky to get that fresh perspective when you’ve been so involved with the content.
Copy-editing glides through the structure, highlights areas that need clarification, and makes sure the language style and tone flows throughout. It’s then smoothed over with a full proofread.
It’s the first stage of editing so it’s ideal for copy created by multiple writers, translations and copy written in non-native English. A final proofread is recommended once you’ve made all your changes. To be on the safe side.
This isn’t a rewrite. I carefully work with the material and information that's already there so your message shines through.
- Structure: ordering of information
- Vocabulary: style & tone
- Clarity: cluttered, duplicate & disordered language
- Flow: long & fragmented text
PLUS a full proofread...
- Language: spelling, grammar & punctuation
- Understanding: ambiguous & confusing text
- Omissions: missing words & unfinished sentences
- Inconsistencies: spelling, hyphens, capitals & dates
- Aesthetics: word breaks & hanging words or lines
- Typography: font style, size & colour
- Layout: text & imagery alignment
Head to the pricing page to see how I quote your copy-editing projects.